Be In The Know

Facts And Happenings In Our Countries And The World At Large

Saturday 30 January 2016

Nigeria's Kelechi Iheanacho Scored A Hat-Trick In Manchester City's Game Today.

Kelechi Iheanacho scored a hat-trick as Manchester City eased into the fifth round of the FA Cup by thrashing beleaguered Aston Villa.

City went ahead within the first four minutes as the home side failed to clear a corner and Iheanacho swept in a finish from close range.

The visitors doubled their lead from Iheanacho's cool penalty after Raheem Sterling was brought down in the box.

Iheanacho ran clear for his third goal and Sterling poked in a fourth.


Striker Iheanacho could even have had four but failed to connect with a shot after making a run into the opposition box and Fernandinho's long-range drive was pushed over by goalkeeper Guzan.

Hat-trick hero Kelechi Iheanacho: "I am so happy to score today. It is my first hat-trick and I am hopeful of more to come. I took my time to score the third goal. I waited for the goalkeeper to see where he went. It is a great feeling when the fans chant my name and I am grateful they came to support us."

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "I'm very happy. Kelechi is a very good young player. We let Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko go because I see Kelechi every day and know what he can do.

Bakary Sagna played well at centre-back, he didn't make any mistakes, and Willy Caballero was solid in goal."

No comments:

Post a Comment