Be In The Know

Facts And Happenings In Our Countries And The World At Large

Monday 16 November 2015

Christmas with Caitlyn: Khloé Says The Kardashian-Jenners Will Spend Chrismas Together

The Kardashians and Jenners will be one happy family again over the holidays, Khloé Kardashian says in her Ellen DeGeneres Show interview airing Monday.
The festive topic came up while Kardashian, 31, discussed stepparent Caitlyn Jenner's transition.

"She’s still part of our family. It's still our Dad, we say, which I know is confusing to some people, but that’s how we know her," she explained. "And she's not gonna be with us on Thanksgiving because she’s working, but she’ll be with us for Christmas, for sure."

Jenner, 66, is currently filming season 2 of her docuseries I Am Cait, which focuses on her learning more about – and becoming a vocal advocate for – the transgender community.

When Jenner revealed her decision to transition from male to female earlier this year, Kardashian had a tough time dealing with the idea of "losing" her male self Bruce, who had raised her from the age of 5.

"I found out on camera, like while we were filming and I felt like we kept asking him, Bruce, like, 'What’s going on, we’re hearing all these rumors.' And he kept telling us one thing, but really he knew he was transitioning and wouldn’t be honest with us," Kardashian tells Ellen DeGeneres. "Now I’m fully okay with it, but I think the biggest part for me was understanding that Bruce is totally separate than Caitlyn. And he liked to tell us that, 'Oh I’m always going to be Bruce. I’ll always be your Dad, I’m just gonna be …' and I think he meant that. I don’t think Bruce knew fully that when he would be Caitlyn."

"I’m sure he probably hoped maybe glimmers of Bruce would be there. But if your soul really wanted to be a female this whole time, I can’t expect that," she adds. "So now that we know that he’s Caitlyn not Bruce, they’re two separate people, and [we can] kind of mourn the loss of Bruce, now I’m fine with everything."

Now, if only we could convince reality TV's number one family to bring back a Christmas tradition: their epic Christmas card ...

No comments:

Post a Comment