Be In The Know

Facts And Happenings In Our Countries And The World At Large

Sunday 22 November 2015

David Beckham Is PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive!

David Beckham Is PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive!
As a sweet, adorable kid growing up in England, David Beckham was surely the object of many a schoolgirl crush. But, sadly for those young admirers, Beckham had something else on his mind.
"I didn't care about attention from girls," PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive says in this week's cover. "I just wanted to play soccer."

While Beckham had his first kiss at age 13 "with my friend's sister, Emma," he says, it wasn't until years later that he started dating. "My first real girlfriend was when I was 17."

"I never worried about what I wore or how I looked. To be honest, all I cared about was soccer." 

Of course the hard work and singular focus paid off and led to a thriving 20-year professional soccer career and global superstardom. But Beckham admits he did miss out on a few things growing up.

"The majority of my friends were going down to the corner shop and buying some cider or a Red Stripe [beer] and I was worrying about my game the next day," he says.

"My parents worked hard to give me everything they could. They gave me a great upbringing with my sisters," Beckham says. "I enjoyed everything about my childhood."

For more on the Sexiest Man Alive – and to see who else made the cut – pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment