Be In The Know

Facts And Happenings In Our Countries And The World At Large

Monday 25 January 2016

Facebook Bride Flies 3,500 Miles To Meet Her Fella For The FIRST TIME And MARRY At Toronto Airport

A LOVE-STRUCK singer is flying half-way round the globe to meet an internet lover for the first time and MARRY him at the AIRPORT.

Evangelina Tsadiosou, 39, only started chatting to her Canadian fella Darryl Facey, 37, on Facebook messenger nine months ago.

They talk every day on the phone but have never met or even spoken face-to-face.

Incredibly carpenter Darryl popped the question on Facebook message in December which Evangelina immediately accepted.


Now she is packing up her life and flying Toronto to marry her Internet fella as she steps off the plane – in a scene straight out of Channel 4 show Married at First Sight.

Evangelina, from Stevenage, Hertfordshire, set up a Facebook page last year topromote her singing career which attracted the eye of muscle-bound Darryl.

She said: “I don’t normally reply to private message from anyone but we got chatting and became good friends. It just developed from there.

“We spoke on the phone several times a day. It’s not about what he looks like. We just had this immediate connection.

“When he sent me a Facebook message asking me to marry him I said ‘yes’ in a heartbeat.

“I didn’t even have to think about it. I am so sure he is the one even though we haven’t met. It felt right even though it seems crazy. Logically it doesn’t make sense but it feels right.”

Evangelina will fly to Pearson Airport, in Toronto, with her wedding dress, to tie the knot on St Valentine’s Day.

The airport will lay on a makeshift chapel for the ceremony as she emerges from customs - and the moment they lock eyes at the airport will be the first time Darryl and Evangelina have ever met.

British Airways said she can hang her wedding dress up in a wardrobe during the flight - but bride Evangelina will have to get changed before she leaves the plane.

A registrar will be on hand to carry out the ceremony and the couple will share traditional vows.

None of her family and friends can make the ceremony so her dog Cleo will be the bridesmaid.

Evangelina added: “We agreed we should get married as soon as possible because we love each other so much and jokingly suggested doing it the airport.

“But we asked and they said yes. So we can do it as soon as I come out of customs. I will be in my wedding dress and the first time I see Darryl - we will get married.

“It is too expensive for my girlfriends to fly out for the wedding but my dog will the bridesmaid - she even has a little dress.

She added: “I never in a million years dreamed I would ever get married let alone at an airport.

“It’s not even like I’m a mad fan of airports. I am a Christian and always thought I would get married in a church. But I like to be different.”

To cut down on costs she will be wearing a donated wedding dress for the big day.

Evangelina added: “I would like to invite Mark Zuckerberg because without Facebook this wouldn’t be happening.

“I’m not nervous at all. I’ve never actually seen Darryl but its not important what he looks like anyway. I’ve seen photos and videos.

“I am marrying him for the kind of person he is, not for his looks. My intuition is never wrong. I thought my friends would think I’m stark raving bonkers but everyone is really supportive.”

The couple will move in together in Toronto, Ontario, and Darryl will continue working as a carpenter while Evangelina will pursue her singing career or get a teaching job.

The airport union has echoes of reality show Married at First Sight where couple say ‘I do’ to complete strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment