Be In The Know

Facts And Happenings In Our Countries And The World At Large

Friday 20 November 2015

10-litre Of Fuel Sold For N3,000 In Akure Nigeria

Fuel Hawkers
Black market dealers of petroleum products are smiling in Akure, the Ondo State capital, as a litre of fuel sells for N300.
Our reporter, who monitored the situation yesterday, observed that the few stations opened for business sold a litre for N140.

There were long queues at the stations, and with buyers almost engaging in a fight to buy fuel.
A banker, Olawale Badmus, said: “You can’t believe that I have been finding it difficult to get fuel for so many hours, until a guy approached me with 10 litres of fuel and asked if I would buy. I didn’t have a choice and I bought it at N3000.”
A taxi driver, Olarinde Bolu, said: “I have been at this particular station since 5am just to get fuel that will enable me work for some hours but it is so painful that I am still struggling to get fuel as at 8am.

“I have just been informed about a guy selling and I think I will go to him and get fuel but the passengers will pay for it.”
A lawyer, Morakinyo Ogele, asked Buhari to look for means of breaking the fuel cartel, blaming marketers for the scarcity.

No comments:

Post a Comment